Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rhyming Dust Bunnies

I'll admit it:  I am wild about Pinterest. I re-pin many craft ideas on a story time pinboard, and this was an idea I ran with, combining the craft with a rhyme I modified.

I made four yarn pom poms (Ed, Ned, Ted, and Bob) from the book, Rhyming Dust Bunnies by Jan Thomas. I went through the rhyme and then handed out our bean bags and had children pretend the bean bags were dust bunnies. We recited the dust bunny rhyme together.

It was very simple and effective. We all got a chuckle out of it.

Props:
four yarn pom poms (instructions found readily online)

Book:
Rhyming Dust Bunnies--Jan Thomas


"Ed, Ned, Ted and Bob are Bouncing on My Head!"
or  "I Met a Little Dust Bunny"

I met a little dust bunny, he said his name was Ed;
and all he ever wanted to do was bounce upon my head!
Bounce upon my head! Bounce upon my head!
All he ever wanted to do was bounce upon my head.

(Bounce the pom pom on your head. Repeat with each one.)

For the tune, see this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOAQakCZbAQ&feature=share&list=PLeQ12HBJmWnBKdwNhgB4EVrvvgVYQRot0

You could also easily add more verses, if your audience was interested. For example, jump upon my bed, bounce beneath my bed, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment